Your privacy is important to A Comic Soul. It is important to us that you know how we process your personal data. In this policy, you will find information on inter alia:
- the categories of personal data that we collect;
- how we collect personal data; and
- what purposes we use personal data for.
What is personal data?
Personal data is any information that may be linked to a natural person directly or indirectly, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, IP-address and mobile phone number.
Who is the data controller?
The general manager of A Comic Soul, Erik Andreas Uppstrøm, is, on behalf of A Comic Soul, the data controller in relation to the personal data that A Comic Soul processes for the purposes described below. We are obligated to ensure that your personal data is processed in a secure and legal manner.
Our contact details are:
Address: Sonja Henies plass 4, 0185 OSLO
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: +47 990 51 555
Organization number: 812 485 822
How do we collect personal data?
A Comic Soul may collect personal data in the following ways:
- We may collect personal data from you directly when you subscribe to/order our services or otherwise contact us, inter alia via telephone or e-mail.
- We may collect personal data from you indirectly when you use our services, inter alia our websites. This data helps us to improve and adapt our services to your best need.
- We may receive information from other sources when you get in contact with our collaborative partners, via channels of distribution that are connected to our distribution channels or public registers. This data is important for us to improve our services and to adapt the services that we may offer you.
It is your choice whether you choose to share your personal data with us. However, processing of certain specific data may be necessary for us to inter alia be able to fulfill our contractual obligations towards you.
What categories of personal data do we process?
The personal data that we collect and process may be divided into the following categories:
- Basic information, such as name and contact information.
- Demographic information, such as information on birth and gender.
- Information related to your customer relationship, such as information relating to orders, payment information and customer service inquiries.
- Information related to your visits on our websites (hereunder date and time, type of device/mobile phone, operating system, your browser, IP-address, size of screen etc.
We may also process other data if this data is collected on the basis of your consent. In this case, you will, before giving your consent, receive specific information on the data that we collect as well as the purposes of the processing of said data.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
A Comic Soul processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing our services: We process personal data to provide and deliver services to you. We process inter alia your data in relation to [insert description]. We may also use your data to provide you with the best possible customer experience, inter alia through customization of the content displayed on your screen.
- Development and analysis: We process personal data to better understand your needs and to improve and further develop our services.
- Sales and marketing: We use and process both anonymous and personal data for marketing purposes under the prevailing legislation. These activities include marketing of our services, herein by creating customized audiences, customizing marketing to your needs, and sending out our newsletters and other information that you may have requested.
- Job announcements and employment: We process personal data to be able to evaluate potential candidates who apply for a position within our company. We may process such data unsolicited or in relation to job announcements.
- Information security and abuse of services: We may process personal data and other traffic information to ensure that we provide sufficient security in relation to our services. We may also process personal data to detect or prevent various types of fraud and other potential abuse.]
- Compliance with statutory requirements: We process personal data to fulfill our statutory obligations, inter alia in relation to accounting and to provide the authorities with information when required in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Other purposes on the basis of your consent: We may process your personal data for other purposes if you have given your consent to the specific processing.
The legal basis for our processing of personal data
According to data protection legislation, A Comic Soul must base its processing of personal data on a legal basis. Our processing of personal data will be based on one or more of the following:
- The processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract which you are party to.
- The processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, inter alia our obligation to keep information in accordance with the prevailing accounting legislation.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, insofar as this interest is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
- You have given consent to the processing for one or more specific purposes.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with our subcontractors in order to provide the agreed services. A company that processes data on behalf of us is called a data processor. When using and sharing data with our data processors, we will enter into a so-called data processing agreement. The data processing agreement regulates the responsibilities of the data processor in connection with the processing of the relevant data.
We may also share personal data with the authorities in cases where we are statutorily obligated to do so.
How long do we store your personal data?
We do not store your personal data for a longer period than what is necessary to be able to fulfill the purposes of the processing as they are described above. This does not apply, however, if storage of data for a longer period is decreed by law or other statutory regulations.
The processing of anonymous data, i.e. data that cannot be linked directly or indirectly to a natural person, is not subject to the restrictions described in this section.
How do we keep your personal data safe?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure that unauthorized persons do not gain access to your personal data as well as to ensure that all data are processed in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
What are your rights?
The data protection legislation provides a number of rights, including the right of access to data, the right of rectification of data and the right to erase data that we have stored.
We will do our utmost to make sure that your personal data is correct and up to date. If you notice that your personal data are not correct, we encourage you to contact us. This also applies if you wish that we delete your data.
When it comes to the right to erase data, we, however, inform that this does not apply if your data is necessary for the delivery of a service that you still wish to have access to, or if we are obligated to store the data due to legal requirements.
You may also have the right to ask for data portability of your personal data. This inter alia means that you will have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a machine-readable format.
Furthermore, you will have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data, herein processing related to person profiling and automated decisions. This means that you may require that your personal data is not analyzed to reveal your behavior, preferences, capabilities, or needs. However, this does not apply if the processing of your data is necessary to fulfill a contract which you are a party to or if you have consented to the processing.
If you are of the option that we do not comply with the prevailing data protection legislation or other relevant legislation, you may send a complaint to A Comic Soul. You also have the right to file a complaint to the Norwegian Data Inspectorate.
Use of third party websites
In case of greater changes, you may experience receiving a notice, either by e-mail or when visiting our website.
How do you contact us?
If you want to access, delete or correct any personal data that we have stored about you, or if you have any questions relating to how we process your personal data, please contact A Comic Soul by phone +47 990 51 555 or by mail email@example.com